Re: setting size of canvass at runtime

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:49:12 GMT

Wozi,

   At least in Forms 5.0 there is a SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY built-in and the HEIGHT property is one that can be changed with it, not sure about earlier releases. I'm not sure if it will do what you are trying to accomplish, but looks like it might be worth a try. My gut feeling is that it will cause multiple 'item off canvas' errors unless you also set the ENABLED and VISIBLE properties to FALSE for each of the buttons (and any other items) on the portion of the canvas you are eliminating. Hope this helps,
Paul

In article
<C6B581BEFF9A2251.FA7E54F649CB7547.0E6312DDAFE8A46A_at_lp.airnews.net>,   <wozi_at_dhc.net> wrote:
> I created a canvass and set it's type to horizontal toolbar so I can
place
> buttons on it.
> The height of the canvass is 14. What I like to do is to be able to
> programatically set the height of the canvass at runtime from say 14
to 21
> and back and forth.
>
> I am trying to have multiple rows of buttons on the toolbar. But, I
only one
> want to show the first rows of button upon startup. At runtime,
depending on
> what button is clikecd, I like to show bith rows of buttons.
>
> In PowerBuilder, Visual basic or Delphi, this can be easily
accomplished. I
> am sure where is a way to do .
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jan 15 2000 - 21:49:12 CET

Original text of this message