Re: Reading installed Oracle TNS names

From: <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:03:50 -0800

Just an idea.

You could create an .ini file and it put the services as follows:

PROD
DEVL
TEST When your application loads, it reads the 3 lines and put in a drop down list. So your users can enter their name, password and select which database to connect to.

You could also create a .reg file and have it update the windows registry. So, your application can read the list of services from the regustry. This is what we do using PowerBuilder.