Re: Please look, D2K will not re-install...

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:09:43 +0000

In article <387F389E.5C8DDB77_at_hsv.boeing.com>, Rilhard Hollingsworth <william.hollingsworth_at_hsv.boeing.com> writes
>Hi folks. Thanks for reading this.
>
>I've been running D2K, PO8.0.5, and Enterprise Manager 2.0.4 for some
>time now. A few days ago, my NT 4.0 box crashed and had to be reloaded.
>
>Problem is, I have re-installed PO8 and EM with no problems, but when I
>try to install D2K, everything goes just fine untill it starts loading.
>The loader then begins running through the .nlb files and just quits.
>No message, no error, no nothing. Just quits and returns me to the
>desktop.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Richard H.

This may be a Y2K problem - installer problems are mentioned on the Oracle site and there is a newer installer available. Some people seem to have had success by just changing the machine date before installation!

Andy

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request