Re: problem of hiding / closing the window in D2000

From: Scott Kronheim <skronheim_at_synertechsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 07:57:08 -0500

Make sure that the input focus is on an item in window2, not window1. Even with the two statements you show here, Forms will keep window1 open if the input focus is still in it. For example, if item2 resides in block2 on window2, you could use this code to open window2, move the input focus to item2, and close window1:

	show_window('window2');
	go_item('block2.item2');
	hide_window('window1');

As a side note, the show_window for window2 is actually unnecessary. When you use go_item to navigate to an item, Forms will automatically show the canvas and window that contain that item.

Hope that helps!