Re: Help! How to delete half of million records using PL/SQL

From: RC <rclarence_at_tyc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:30:06 GMT

clockwise wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried using 7 cursors for loop to delete about half of million
> records from 7 related tables. However, I have to commit often to avoid
> memory overload, which will cause rollback, the result that would wipe
> out hours of wait.
>
> If anyone knows a better way to do this, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Veronica
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
Well one way would be to figure out the size of each row you plan to delete and then create a rollback seqment large enough to hold all your rows + say 10%. Then you could assign this large rollback segment to that process and  you could probably just delete the rows with a regular select statement.

HTH RC