Re: Oracle Reports (3.0) formula column

From: Sheila Thackray <thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:27:36 -0000

Hi Helen,

If you require the formula to be calculated at the parent level, you could do the following in the data model:
- Define a summary column in your parent group (associated with your parent query) for each of your child amounts to be included in the formula. - Sum each of the child amounts into these summary columns. - Create your formula column and use the summarized columns for the child amounts and your parent column in your calculation.

Hope this provides the result to satify your requirements. Sheila Thackray
BHP IT
Newcastle, Australia