Re: Orcale 8 on NT, ORADIM80, instance does not start

From: Roman Schneider <schneider_at_ids-mannheim.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:21:26 +0100

Hi,

to stop and start Oracle instances, try the following commands:

oradim.exe -shutdown -sid ORCL -shuttype srvc,inst -shutmode i (caution: this is for immediate shutdown)

oradim.exe -startup -sid ORCL -starttype srvc,inst -pfile d:\orant\admin\orcl\pfile\init.ora
(init.ora in %ORACLE_HOME%\admin\orcl\pfile)

This should work on Windows NT.

Good luck
Roman

--
Roman Schneider                    Tel: +49-621-1581-203
Institut für deutsche Sprache      Fax: +49-621-1581-200