Re: JDeveloper3 for NT. No Oracle 8i?

From: Glen Siferd <siferd_at_admin.uwex.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:48:57 -0600

Hi Mike;

Oracle can be pretty obscure about what their development packages are called and what's included in them. The README says Personal Oracle 8i is included with JDeveloper <Suite> 3.0, not just JDeveloper. That's the way it was in Version 2, also. The Oracle Web site doesn't mention the "suite" designation for 3.0, but I bet you have to spring for the suite to get the other goodies. On the other hand, the extras may be included in the "free" trial CD that they offer... You may want to try that route. If 8i was included in the download, you'd still be at it, I suspect!

Glen