Error installing the Oracle 8 client

From: Antonio Doblado <adoblado_at_icot.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:44:02 +0100

Hello,

[Quoted] I have a problem while installing the Oracle 8 client for Novell on Windows 98 and/or Windows 95 PCs.

I choose to install the client with Spanish language as default, and I select the "Oracle 8 client" when the setup program asks me about the installation type. Afterwards, I select the "Oracle8 Database administrator" [Quoted] option and the hard drive as the location for the help files.

The installation runs fine until an error windows appears on the screen. The [Quoted] error message informs about an invalid page fault caused by the ORAINST program on MSVCRT.DLL module.

(ORAINST provocó un fallo de página no válida en el módulo MSVCRT.DLL de 0137:7801425c.)

I get this error on three different machines, but on some others, the client [Quoted] is properly installed.

¿Anybody can help me?

Antonio Doblado Romo
Ingeniero técnico en informática de gestión adoblado_at_icot.es
Departamento de desarrollo

icot. informàtica i comunicacions Tarragona, S.A. Ingeniería del software en entorno visual http://www.icot.es Received on Mon Jan 10 2000 - 13:44:02 CET

Original text of this message