Re: Connection to an oracle data source with Excel98 on mac and ODBC

From: Ricateau <ricateau_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 16:22:13 +0200

> De : Ricateau <ricateau_at_club-internet.fr>
> Société : Club-Internet (France)
> Groupes : comp.databases.oracle.tools
> Date : Sat, 08 Jan 2000 18:59:48 +0200
> Objet : Connection to an oracle data source with Excel98 on mac and ODBC
>
> When I create a new data source in Microsoft Query by selecting Microsoft
> 3.01 Oracle PPC driver, I get the error message on double clicking the
> connection button :
> Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error
> Computer model : PowerMac 7500
> Mac OS 8.1
> Office 98 with data access complement
> Oracle SQL*NET 2.1.4.0.4
> Thank you for any help.
>
> Alain Ricateau

I found the solution in a troubleshooting report of Microsoft : the Oracle odbc driver needs specific versions of : - sql*net 2.1.4.0.4
- OracleOci71Lib : 7.1.4.1.6
On my mac the Oracle library version was not the good one and I fixed the problem by replacing it. Received on Sun Jan 09 2000 - 15:22:13 CET

Original text of this message