Re: Errors in WSG generation with Designer 6.0.3.5

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 10:31:15 -0800

Comments inline

Mike Ball wrote:

> I'm using Designer 6.0.3.5 to generate a WS app that worked fine in 2.1.
> The steps I have taken are:
>
> 1. I've installed the toolkit (as user SYS) successfully into OAS_PUBLIC.
> No Problems.
> 2. I've installed the WSG libraries from home\cgenw60\cvwetc into
> OAS_PUBLIC. No Problems.
> 3. The toolkit and libraries have the correct set of PUBLIC synonyms and
> grants.
> 4. I've generated the CG$ERRORS module into OAS_PUBLIC. No problems.
>
> When I generate my (very simple) modules to the toolkit user,

Is this OAS_PUBLIC as well? If not, it should get execute rights on all packages (including the WebServer Development packages!), and you should create synonyms.

> I get
> repeated PLS-0201 and 306 errors in the modules that specifically contain
> JavaScript calls. These errors include:
>
> Wrong number or types of arguments in call to CREATEVIEWJAVASCRIPT.

This looks like a bug... If a call is generated with too few or too many params,
this is clearly a bug. Better check the code generated vs the actual package.

> Identifier CREATEINSERTJAVASCRIPT must be declared.
> Identifier CREATELISTJAVASCRIPT must be declared.
> Identifier VF_BODY_ATTRIBUTES must be declared.
> Identifier IF_BODY_ATTRIBUTES must be declared.
> Identifier QF_BODY_ATTRIBUTES must be declared.
> Identifier RL_BODY_ATTRIBUTES must be declared.
> Identifier LOV_FRAME must be declared.

All of the above looks like the procedure/function is not found. See comments above re execute rights and synonyms.

> This is very frustrating as I don't know why my modules don't compile given
> the installation of the toolkit and Designer libraries seems to be clean.
> Please help!
>
> --
> Mike Ball B.Sc.
> Information Services Manager