Re: JDBC

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: 2000/01/05

[Quoted] From your dump, it looks like you are using the thin, and therefore, don't worry [Quoted] about the oci error. That error appears to indicate that you don't have that [Quoted] driver. I'm not sure what makes you think you are running the oci driver.

So, the thin driver used to be in a classes111.zip or a classes12.zip and now [Quoted] may be in a classes815.zip? if it's the thin driver. This file should be in your classpath. Since you didn't specify a classpath [Quoted] option in your java command, I am making that assumption.

To specifcally tell the vm what classes to use, use java -classpath .:./classes111.zip dbTest ....
(using unix notation. just replace the colon with a semicolon for the windows [Quoted] notation and use appropriate directory notation)

And if you want to see the actual line number that it is dumping at, use java -Djava.compiler=NONE -classpath ....
[Quoted] where the compiler=NONE is telling the vm to not use the jit.

You really need to determine what driver it is you are using before I can give [Quoted] you more help and in doing that step, you will perhaps not need my help.

cindy