Re: select statement

From: <ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 21:37:03 GMT

my first (and only) guess is case.

if you create an object with name "HeLLo", it's name is HeLLo. if you create an object with name GooDBye, it's name is GOODBYE.

you can only access hello with proper case, you'll need quotes forever more. you can access goodbye with out quotes and not care about case, Oracle will upper it.

try selecting table_name from user_tables and see what you get for that table_name.

In article <84eufm$7mv$1_at_coco.singnet.com.sg>,   "William Teo" <sucheeha_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a table on the Oracle 8i Enterprise, the strange thing
(to me)
> is that when I issue a select * from table_name; I got the error
message
> that the table does not exits. However, when I try select * from
> "table_name"; I got my result.
>
> Could anyone explain the above phenomenon.
>
> thanks
> William

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 22:37:03 CET

Original text of this message