Re: REPORTS 2.5 - Default Layout Query

From: Todd Owers <toddowers_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 15:22:16 GMT

Geoffrey,

On the Data/Selection tab of the Default Layout window, you can change the width of each field. The default widths are taken from the datatype of the field, but as you have discovered, this results in layout widths that are much wider than necessary.

You can reduce the layout width on the Data/Selection tab by overwriting the default value. You will have to use a trial-and-error method to determine how much you can reduce the width, while leaving it wide enough to display all the data. It also depends on the font size used in the Layout Editor.

Each field whose width is manually reduced on the Data/Selection tab will have its Vertical Sizing property set to Expand. If this setting is not what you want, you can change it on the General Layout tab of the Properties window.

Hope this helps.

Todd Owers

In article <387156C6.B52BEC69_at_uow.edu.au>,   Geoffrey Stewart <geoffrey_stewart_at_uow.edu.au> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am teaching myself Reports 2.5, and have encountered a problem I
> couldn't find
> an answer for in the manuals.
> I have a Tabular break report with 10 fields, the first 2 are CHAR,
the
> rest are NUM.
> when I generate the default layout,each field is 2.5" wide, so the
> layout is over 30" wide!
> This is NOT what I want! How do I change things so the default layout
> produces narrower fields?
>
> Cheers
> Geoffrey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:22:16 CET

Original text of this message