Designer/2000 Reports Fail with fatal PL/SQL error

From: <dperez_at_juno_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:49:28 GMT

Well, once again I stupidly believed a simple upgrade would actually work without problems........

Upgraded from Designer 2.1 to 6 (got the CDs at the iDevelop conference) and now it appears that ALL the Repository reports die with the following error:

REP-1401: 'cf_desc_textformula': fatal PL/SQL error occurrred. ORA-06505: PL/SQL; variable requires more then 32767 bytes of contiguous memory

Now, I'd LOVE to look this error up in the Developer V6 MANUALS, but they appear not to contain error messages (or if they do I SURE can't find them)...

Same report failes in reports that fails from Designer. Fails the same way with the same error...

I presume this will be something OBVIOUS as soon as I know what it is, but so far I can't find any reference to this in any documentation (which seems to be getting sketchier and worse with every version). Can somebody tell me what Oracle's done THIS time and HOW TO FIX IT SO THESE "THINGS" WILL RUN? Received on Mon Jan 03 2000 - 04:49:28 CET

Original text of this message