Security Management

From: Curtis E. Conway, Jr. <conway-ce_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:50:07 -0500

I have four users who can insert, update, delete, and select on Table_A using form Case. Each record in Table_A has the field case_no, varchar2(8) and it is the primary key.

Each user is associated with a certain set of records. For example, user 1 are responsible for only those records that have case_no starting with the letter 'C' (C0000000) in the first position of Table_A.case_no, user 2 responsible for records with 'T' in that position, user 3; 'W', and user 4 the letter 'N.'

My question is, since all users use Table_A, what code is required to allow each user the ability to change only those records they are responsible for.

I've created the following table to identify each user to the system:

UserName UserID

user1                C
user2                T
user3                W
user4                N

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Received on Sat Jan 01 2000 - 01:50:07 CET

Original text of this message