Re: GPF / Forms Builder 6 Object List Report

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_digitalpoint.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:32:13 -0800
[Quoted] [Quoted] Message-ID: <386E644D.1597A74E_at_digitalpoint.com>

[Quoted] OK, I found it. We were having a problem with a couple of forms blowing up at [Quoted] running an Object List Report. The only thing I did was isolate some triggers [Quoted] that were causing problems and re-worded the PL/SQL and then they worked. Many [Quoted] triggers were different yet written in the same style then changed to the 'GOOD' [Quoted] style. Not sure the actual WHY Forms would blow up on such code when the form [Quoted] runs and performs properly...BUT this was a fix to many from that point on. [Quoted] Check lines at and after "open esi_cursor." It was pretty bizzare and a long [Quoted] story on how I figured it out. rq

  • the BAD code: chk_rfield; check_failure; -- declare cursor esi_cursor is select des, div from pts_glmdiv where div = :SC1.GLDIV and co = :SC1.ENTNO ; begin if (:sc1.gldiv is null ) then bell ; disp_msg('ERROR!! Division must be entered, press [List].'); raise form_trigger_failure ; end if ; open esi_cursor ; fetch esi_cursor into :SC1.TDIVDESC, :global.gldiv ; if esi_cursor%notfound then bell; disp_msg( 'ERROR!! Division not on file.' ) ; raise form_trigger_failure ; end if ; end ;
    --replaced with the GOOD code: chk_rfield; check_failure; -- declare cursor esi_cursor is select des, div from pts_glmdiv where div = :SC1.GLDIV and co = :SC1.ENTNO ; begin if (:sc1.gldiv is null ) then bell ; disp_msg('ERROR!! Division must be entered, press [List].'); raise form_trigger_failure ; end if ; open esi_cursor ; if ( esi_cur%found ) then fetch esi_cursor into :SC1.TDIVDESC, :global.gldiv ; close ESI_cur; end if; if esi_cursor%notfound then bell; disp_msg( 'ERROR!! Division not on file.' ) ; raise form_trigger_failure ; close ESI_cur; end if ; end ;