Re: Basic : Building tables with Forms 4.5 after installing D2k

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 15:11:56 GMT

Srinivas,

Oracle 8 uses NET8 while forms 4.5 uses SQLnet 2.x. The two talk to each other no problem but must be configured separately. Click on Start -> Programs -> Oracle for Windows 95 -> SQLnet Easy Config (not NET8 Easy config) and create a connect string identical to what you have for your NET8 connection (you can use a different name if you want). You can also copy the TNSNAMES.ORA file from the ORAWIN95\NET80\ADMIN directory to the ORAWIN95\NETWORK\ADMIN directory. Once copied or configured you should be able to connect to your O8.

HTH. Brian