Re: Installing Oracle 8i

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:55:54 GMT

Bopanna,

What version of 8i have you installed (I assume it is 8i Personal Edition) and what version of forms are you using? What protocol have you configured on you sqlnet for the 8i? Can you connect with sqlplus and if so what is the connect string?

I suspect that you are using an older version of forms which uses the sqlnet v2 as opposed to the Net8 supplied with 8i. If this is the case, simply use the sqlnet easyconfig to create a connect string for your version 2 sqlnet. If you are using forms 6, then the most likely situation is your listener is not configured properly or you are using the wrong connect string.

HTH. Brian.