Re: error of 'Refused:ROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))' ????

From: <rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:06:27 GMT

Blais,

[Quoted] Here is the text for error 12505:

"ORA-12505: TNS: listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor:

Cause: The SID in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's tables. This error will be returned if the database instance has not registered with the listener; the instance may need to be started.

Action: Check to make sure that the SID specified is correct. The SIDs that are currently registered with the listener can be obtained by typing "LSNRCTL SERVICES <listener name>". These SIDs correspond to SID_NAMEs in TNSNAMES.ORA, or DB_NAMES in the initialization file."

I suggest using "SQL*NET Easy Configuration" and/or "NET8 Easy Configuration" to properly setup your TNS.

Email me at Rock_cogar_at_my-deja.com if you need more help.

Rock Cogar
Radian International LLC.
Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
In article <3869CBB8.51F7D1D9_at_mindspring.com>,   Gil Blais <gilblais_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> Received this while attempting to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 database
> using the :thin driver in Java. Cannot find any documentation about
this
> and it is certainly cryptic to me. SQL Exception was " -
> Refused:ROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))". Any help greatly appreciated.
Gil
> Blais

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 16:06:27 CET

Original text of this message