Re: CDO and Oracle Triggers

From: RC <rclarence_at_tyc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:30:09 GMT

Shaw_at_home wrote:

> Has anyone investigated the use of MS Collaboration Data Objects (CDO)
> triggered by an Oracle PL/SQL or Pro C script? I am interested in sending
> e-mails via this method. If you have, please provide me with details.

I haven't used this particular product , however, we send email from the database at my company via PL/SQL and a Pro C daemon running on UNIX with some help from sendmail. Basically store the email message in a database table and then have the daemon wake up every 5 minutes or so to check for pending mail message and then call sendmail with the message , to address etc. taken from the database. I supposed you could use triggers as well but the daemon fits well into the UNIX architecture. Since I'm not sure what OS you are on you may need a slightly different method.

HTH RC