Re: Oracle Forms

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:03:57 -0000

Joćo Santos Jorge wrote:

> I'm using Oracle Forms to show information stored in a database and being
> able to update it. This Database gets information from a data warehouse
> system.
>
> The problem is that the information that operators want to see in the
forms
> is the symmetric (multiplied by -1) of the information stored by the data
> warehouse system.
>
> Is there anyway to make this possible at the Form level.

Yes, you can create a text item (or items) and populate it with a trigger (a post-query trigger might be best).

A better solution (but not possible within Oracle Forms itself) is to create a DB View that does the multiplication for you, and then you can base your Form directly on that view. This will make coding a lot easier, and will reduce network traffic.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Fri Dec 24 1999 - 00:03:57 CET

Original text of this message