Report Server woes

From: Jonathan D. Herridge <jherrdige_at_i-w.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:16:34 -0600

Well, come to find out, I had an incompatible version of SQL*net Client for my version of D2K. Finally, I can get the reports to run correctly. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to start the report server though.

I installed the service on NT per the documentation, but when I try to start it through the control panel I get the error REP-0186: Daemon failed to listen to port. Please, if anybody knows how to get this thing going I would appreciate it. That's all I want for Christmas at this point is for my report server to run. :-)

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan D. Herridge
Programmer
InfoWare, Inc.
http://www.infoware.com/

The information attached is confidential and only intended for use by the recipient party and in certain cases the associated firm where recipient is currently employed. Any other use is prohibited. All documents carry confidential notices and may not be altered.