Re: Oracle Application Server vs WebDB

From: Toni Graf <graf27_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:23:48 GMT

WEBDB is one application running on the plsql-cartridge of the OAS.

WEBDB includes nice features like database-browsing and editing, database administration and web- and application statistics.

On OAS you need developer-tools like Designer, JDeveloper. On WEBDB you can develop reports, forms etc inside the WEBDB-application.

Toni

> > I recently started using the Oracle Application Server 4 and
everything is
> > working fine. I haven't tried WebDB. My impression is that WebDB
makes
> > creating small web sites quite easy, but doesn't have all the
> functionality
> > or flexibility of OAS. Is that right? Is there a good reason to get
> > involved with WebDB if OAS is working and useful? Looking for any
> insights.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Van

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 14:23:48 CET

Original text of this message