Re: Help! Tools for generating SQL script in Oracle???

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:28:28 GMT

SQL PlusPlus allows you to do exactly this and it is free.

In addition, it provides several other features like:

  1. Generating a PL/SQL package and trigger code which you can use to do things like avoiding mutating triggers errors, complex default values, assigning sequence values (thus creating SQL server like Autonumber columns)
  2. Generating an SQL script for a table which you can use to build textbased reports in SQL Plus all with groups/sub-totals
  3. Creating ASCII flat files and CTL files for sqlload

and many many more things.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

  • SQL PlusPlus : Add power to SQL Plus command line
  • SQL Link for XL : Integrate Oracle with XL
  • Oracle CBT with sample GL (Triggers and Forms Source Code included. Download free: http://www.geocities.com/armaghan/
    [Quoted] Dana Jian <djian_at_trasa.com> wrote in message news:384d308a$0 $27950_at_news.choice.net...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We know in MS SQL server we can generate SQL script for objects
    (tables,
    > views etc.), it's very useful.
    >
    > Is there any such kind of tool in Oracle8 enterprise version??
    >
    > Thanks for any help!!
    >
    > Dana Jian
    > DJian_at_trasa.com.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 16:28:28 CET

Original text of this message