Re: tuning of view

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_digitalpoint.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:31:22 -0800

I had the same dilemma 2 years ago. I read everything by Oracle with no help. Then I picked up an O'Reilly Performance tuning book that so plainly said something like "Never join a view to a view as it most often confuses the Optimizer." I guess Oracle didn't want to point that out. I had to re-approach my process and solved it with a table that builds hourly that is well indexed as that is how users worldwide queried my DB and the view to view was worse than unacceptable. rq