Re: send email from report preview

From: <moerkd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:46:29 GMT

In article
<Q9d34.67563$PF1.338787_at_quark.idirect.com>,   "Steve Cormier" <scormier_at_idirect.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send email from Report Builder
3.0 preview. I use Oracle
> InterOffice as email server. The email format
is always EPS(Encapsulated
> Postcript) format. Does anybody know how to
change to other formats, such as
> PDF...?
>
> I notice that I can specify the DESFOMAT in the
report builder system
> parameter. However, if I want to run the report
on the screen and send email
> from preview or report runtime, I always get EPS
format file as attachment.

> Also, I download the GhostView version 5.5
(1998) and try to open this EPS
> file. It will give me error such as
>
> Unrecoverable error: undefined in E
*600R....
> file offset = 1024
> gsdll_execute_cont returns -21
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated! Thanks a lot!
>
> ====
> Katherine
> 905-709-3966
> kweng_at_yahoo.com

The only possibility I know is to switch the DESFORMAT to ASCII then you'll get An Email with The Information in ASCII. I don't know how to produce PDF.

Hope that helps
Detlev

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 21:46:29 CET

Original text of this message