Re: WebDB / Net8

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 Dec 1999 12:33:37 -0500

Mac Schwarz <mac_at_phil.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Webdb 2.0.5.6.1 and WebDB Listener 2.0.5.6.1
> on Sparc Solaris 7. The installation completed without
> errors but in the release notes is a note that the
> tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_HOME/net80/ should be appended with
> the WEBDB service alias.

That's a typo. The person who wrote it was probably thinking of NT, where there is a net80 directory.

On Solaris, the directory is called network.

> I'm running Oracle 8i Sparc Solaris with Net8 8.0.5 but
> there's no 'net80' directory in my whole oracle installation
> tree.
>
> Adding the entry in the tnsnames.ora in
> ORACLE_HOME/network/admin does not help: I'm always getting
> a 'TNS could not resolve service name' error by trying to
> access http://server:port/WebDB/WEBDB.home.
Check to see if TNS_ADMIN is set in your environment. If it is, either put the alias in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora or unset TNS_ADMIN.

--
                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.