Re: WebDB / Net8

From: <msalerno_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:08:41 GMT

I have a Solaris 7 machine with an 8i database and webdb 2.1. I have no $ORACLE_HOME/net80 directory. Your name service config files should be located at $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

If the webdb is on the same machine as the database, then make sure that the $ORACLE_HOME is different for each. Also make sure that the $TNS_ADMIN points to the location of the tnsnames.ora for your database, not webdb. Also check your oratab file, Webdb can make a change to your oratab file that will rendered your database useless. Good luck.

Matt

In article <x5u2lr51x9.fsf_at_aeria.phil.unierlangen. de>,
  Mac Schwarz <mac_at_phil.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Webdb 2.0.5.6.1 and WebDB
Listener 2.0.5.6.1
> on Sparc Solaris 7. The installation completed
without
> errors but in the release notes is a note that
the
> tnsnames.ora in ORACLE_HOME/net80/ should be
appended with
> the WEBDB service alias.
>
> I'm running Oracle 8i Sparc Solaris with Net8
8.0.5 but
> there's no 'net80' directory in my whole oracle
installation
> tree.
>
> Adding the entry in the tnsnames.ora in
> ORACLE_HOME/network/admin does not help: I'm
always getting
> a 'TNS could not resolve service name' error by
trying to
> access http://server:port/WebDB/WEBDB.home.
>
> Can anybody confirm the existance of a
directory named
> ORACLE_HOME/net80/ at his/her Solaris Oracle
8i / Net8
> installation?
>
> Regards,
> mac
>
> --
> Mac Schwarz / AERIA Projekt / Inst. f.
Klassische Archaeologie
> e-mail: mac_at_aeria.phil.uni-erlangen.de / Tel.:
09131-85-24791
> FAU Erlangen-Nuernberg / Kochstr.4 /
91054 Erlangen
> <http://www.phil.uni-

erlangen.de/~p1altar/aeriahome.html>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 17:08:41 CET

Original text of this message