Postscript Printer Setup in Reports 2.5

From: Stefan Ziemer <sziemer_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:00:12 +1100

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a special postscript laser printer going which will enable us to print MICR characters on pay-in slips.

We can get it working on a PC using the NT printer drivers but we need this to come off our UNIX server - issues of reliability and performance come to mind.

Does anyone have any pointers to a good references on what needs to be done to the PPD, AFM and other setup things to customise settings for a specific printer. I've got the PPD for the specific printer from the vendor but I end up getting a blank page printed when I use that. I fear it has got way too much info of no relevance to Oracle Reports and not enough brain-dead info that Oracle reports relies on.

--
Regards,

Stefan Ziemer
Oakton Computing,