Pro C/C++ Question

From: Milo Remington <Milo_at_Netway.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 23:10:48 GMT

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a trigger that fires when I insert into a table. The trigger assigns the value of user to one column and sysdate to another. Problem is that I'm getting an error about an invalid value.

[Quoted] I'm guessing that since I'm doing the insert from the C program the value of user isn't set properly. However when I select user from dual [Quoted] in the C program I see that it is set properly (to the userid I use to connect to the database), and so is sysdate. So why is the trigger failing? Any ideas? I forget exactly how the trigger is coded, [Quoted] something like:

new.column1 = user
new.coulmn2 = sysdate

[Quoted] Anyway, the trigger works fine when inserting into the table from SQLPlus. Oh, I'm using Oracle 7.3.4 and ProC/C++ 2.?, I think 2.2 but maybe 2.3.

Thanks for your help!

"Let us pass over the river, and rest

   Under the shade of the trees." Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 00:10:48 CET

Original text of this message