How long would data last in Rollback Segment?

From: <allasrosa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:57:35 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm quite a newbie to oracle.

[Quoted] I know that the Rollback Segment keeps data that's ready to commit to the database. But what will happen if I just insert or update a row without committing it? Will the uncommitted row stay in the rollback segment forever? If not, for how long will it stay there?

[Quoted] Btw, can anyone suggest websites / books that talk about the how to work well with Oracle database stucture. And points to bare in mind when designing a database system?

Many thanx!

Rgds,
Allas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 06 1999 - 10:57:35 CET

Original text of this message