Re: ORA 1002 - fetch out of sequence problem in reports 2.5

From: <JOC>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:39:28 GMT

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 00:08:22 +0800, "Wilson Lee" <leekapo_at_alumni.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote:

>I have changed Report Options such as buffer size, array size and
>NONBLOCKSQL flag, but the error still occur sometimes. It is interesting
>that for the same report, it can be successfully run in one instance but
>encounter the error when used in another instance. And it is also quite
>interesting that after a period of time (main be one or two hours), a
>report
>,which originally encounters this error, can be run successfully.

Thanks to all who replied. I followed this up with Oracle Support. They mentioned the nonblocksql as a possible resolution. Also they said that for this problem increasing the open_cursor parameter can help.

They mentioned that in Reports 6i, nonblocksq=no will be the default (instead of yes as it is at the moment). They haven't quite locked down what causes the prob - just that seems to help resolve it.

Now I just have to wait and see if this works (I don't get to fiddle around with the clients comps - and they've disabled right click :-( )

Thanks agaon for the help

Jo

The usual - anything I say reflects on me, and not upon my current employer.