Re: Oracle Intermedia question

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:46:11 GMT

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:23:07 +0100, "Koen Van Tolhuyzen" <Koen.VanTolhuyzen_at_cronos.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>is it possible to have Oracle looked at several tables(tblPrograms) based on
>one tabel (tblItems)
>Those tables are connected to each other by tblItems_Programs

Not sure what you're asking.

>Is it possible to have a search like :
>select tblItems.ID, tblItems.Content, tblPrograms.Name from ....
>where contains(tblItems.Content, searchstring) > 0 and
>contains(tblPrograms.Name, searchstring) > 0

Yes, you can have multiple CONTAINS clauses in the same SELECT statement. See:

        http://technet.oracle.com/doc/inter.815/a67843/csql.htm#21732

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Koen
>Koen.VanTolhuyzen_at_cronos.be

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 13:46:11 CET

Original text of this message