Re: oracle forms

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:58:51 GMT

Jeannie,
Also, a variation on Pre-Query Trigger, allows you not to have to use the WHERE clause property. I do this routinely in an app I am currently working on.

The effect is that the person can enter data into the field, press enter or tab and instantly, the rest of the form is populated...so they do not have to Press Enter Query, then type in proper SQL "%" syntax, etc.

Here is how it is done:
In my case, the main item is in a control block, :Control.Product. Tab or Enter causes NEXT-Item, which is captured by Key-NxtItem and causes,   Next_Block, and Execute Query.

The Pre-Query Trigger of the next block does a check of Product: If :Control.Product is not null... It Places the contents into the Product Field which is then parsed into the query. In my case, is it an exact number, but I believe you could add "%". Example:

   If :Control.Product is not null then

      :MyDataBlock.Product := :control.Product||'%';    End If;

Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter
RTProffitt_at_beckmanNOSPAM.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 17:58:51 CET

Original text of this message