Re: Can anyone Name a Good Oracle 8/Visual Basic 6 Book?

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:17:09 -0500

Travlinda wrote:

> Hi.
>
> With all the books to choose from, can anyone possibly recommend a good book
> that covers information on using Visual Basic 6 to connect to Oracle 8
> databases? I looked in a well-known book store over the week end, and there
> are so many, I don't know which to choose.
>
> Has anyone got a suggestion on this?
>
> Thanks.

Actually, there is a pretty good book:

Oracle Programming with Visual Basic by Nick Snowdon. Published by Sybex. ISBN 0-7821-2322-8. It doesn't provide everything you might want to know about application development from start to finish, but it does provide very good coverage of all of the different access techniques such as DAO, RDO, ODBCDirect, ADO, OLE DB and OO4O.

Also, if you have not downloaded and installed the latest mdac_typ.exe, the MSDASDK (along with the update), run, do not walk to your nearest web browser and get them. Not only will you have the latest drivers, there are also a lot of good examples that come with them. Dig around on the Microsoft site and you'll find other helpful downloads as well. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 14:17:09 CET

Original text of this message