Re: Iconic Buttons in UNIX (newbie)

From: herbert.fukerider <herbert.fukerider_at_rfn.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:00:13 +0100

Jack Newton wrote:
I'm running Forms 5.0 in UNIX, and trying to incorporate iconic buttons
into my interface.

The manual says to set the TK25_ICON environment variable to the path
holding my icons, so I do the following command:
  export TK25_ICON=/usr/local/icons
Where there is a down.ico icon file.

Hi,
had the same problem with forms 6.0.
Maybe my solution works with forms5.0 too.
As TK25_ICON worked fine with Toolkit Version 2.5 (Forms 4.5), I set
the env_var to TK60_ICON for use with Toolkit Version 6.0 (Forms6.0).
Both the installation guide and Reference manual show this env_var name.

As no iconic buttons could be used, I found out after hours that
the correct name for the env_var is  UI-ICON .
I could verify this later when checking the $ORACLE_HOME/developer60.csh
template coming with dev60, finding the following lines:
setenv  TK60_ICON       $ORACLE_HOME/tools/devdem60/bin/icon
setenv  UI_ICON         $TK60_ICON

Be aware of another tricky env_var:
There was a env_var TK2_PRINT with forms 4.5.
As TK6_Print did not work, I tried UI_PRINT but without success.
The correct env_var vor TK2_PRINT is now TK_PRINT.

Hope this will help you with forms 5.0 too.
H. Fukerider

--
"If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows PC crashed--
 Oh, wait a minute... he does."