Need help forming a query

From: Jim West <P3C2_at_jameswest.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:16:09 GMT

[Quoted] Howdy all,

  Ok, here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

  I have a table called SWITCHINFO that contains a column called NAME and a column called INCLUDE. There are other columns as well. NAME is varchar2(4) and INCLUDE is varchar2(1). INCLUDE values are either a 'Y' or 'N'.

  I have another table called COUNTS that has columns for various count information as well a column called SWITCHID.

  I need to be able to query the COUNTS table and retrieve only those rows whose SWITCH name matches those in the SWITCHINFO table whose INCLUDE value is 'Y'.

  How do I do this?

SWITCHINFO:

NAME       INCLUDE
-----------      ----------------
AAAA              Y
BBBB             N

COUNTS:

SWITCHID      COUNT1     COUNT2     COUNT3
AAAA              10                   20             30
BBBB              50                   40             30

The query should ONLY return the row containing AAAA from the COUNTS table.

Thanx!! Received on Thu Nov 18 1999 - 16:16:09 CET

Original text of this message