Re: Breaking integers into bytes in PL/SQL?

From: Jan-Helge Bergesen <jhb_at_protek.no>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 13:18:52 +0100

Hi.

[Quoted] What we try to do is this:

   Based upon some values in the DB a SNP job shall determine some    values and send these values over a named pipe (using UTL_FILE)    to an external process.
   The process runs on the same machine as the Oracle server (v.7.3.x on    a Sun Enterprise )
   What we'd like is to send the data as machine dependent integers directly

   through the pipe to the external process.    We build upon an older partial solution that uses embedded SQL in yet    another external process, but by using named pipes we would reduce    the expansion of both the external- and internal procedures/processes    considerably.

As an interim solution we'll go for strings that will be converted in the external process..

--
Jan-Helge Bergesen