CMAN and Java Applet connectivity problem

From: Ryan <noone1000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:17:48 GMT

We have OAS 4.0.7.1 running on one box (solaris 2.6), and Oracle 8.0.6 Ent (solaris 2.6) running on a seperate box. I have learned that in order to overcome the applet restrictions I must either signt he applet (cant do) or use Oracle Connection Manager. I have setup CMAN on the webserver host and successfully createed the cman.ora file and started cman via cmctl start. The ports in my java code are mapped correctly and I am using an example straight from Oracle yet my applet does no connect, nor does it give me any error. I am using the simple JdbcApplet example that comes with jdbc. Could NISon Solaris be causing a problem here? They use on it every box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 17:17:48 CET

Original text of this message