Developer 6.0 installation problem on HP 9000

From: <cdeh_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:36:08 GMT

Hello,

We are trying to install the Oracle Developer (V6.0) Server on HP 9000 (UX 11.0) and we face some problems:

  • We followed all the installation steps (Oracle user and dba group were already defined, TERM variable set to vt220, ...)
  • When running the orainst in motif mode (orainst /m), the installation screen seems to appear. Seems because it stays in a waiting stage for hours !
  • We get the same behaviour when running in character mode (orainst /c).

In both case, we even need to reboot the HP machine (kill -9 of the orainst process does not work !).

Please help

Thanks,

Christophe

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 17:36:08 CET

Original text of this message