TKPROF questions

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 06:23:09 GMT

[Quoted] I have few questions about using TKPROF. (on Oracle8)
  1. Is it possible to specify the resulting file in using TKPROF? This is [Quoted] because I found that all the output information is forwarded to one particular file. However, I want each SQL statmenet trace file forwarded to different files.
  2. I found that the resulting file has the following error:

[Quoted] Misses in library cache during parse: 0
Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
Parsing user id: 37 (TESTING)
error during parse of EXPLAIN PLAN statement ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

However, I have already run the utlxplan.sql (user TESTING). Why such an error message
[Quoted] shown and how to solve this problem?

3) Besides the SQL statmenet that I executed, I find that two more statmenets:

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL NON-RECURSIVE STATEMENTS

OVERALL TOTALS FOR ALL RECURSIVE STATEMENTS

Is the above information generated by Oracle other sessions when using [Quoted] TKPROF? What is the use of the above information? SHould I ignore this?

Thanks,
Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 13 1999 - 07:23:09 CET

Original text of this message