Re: Help! Interdependent List Boxes

From: Geoff White <whiteg_at_ccis.adisys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:43:59 +0800

Here is how I deal with this situation:

In the WHEN-LIST-CHANGED trigger of the first list have:

if populate_group(<your_group_for_list2>) = 0 then   populate_list(<list2>, <your_group_for_list2>); end if;

In <your_group_for_list2> have a where clause which references :<your_block.list1>.

When the user changes list1 the record group will be re-built using the new value in list1. Then that new record group will be placed in list2.

The if statement around populate_group is required in case the query in your record group has aproblem.

If you need more info on this subject feel free to email me.

HTH
Geoff