Re: Closing Alert Window

From: Gerd Volberg <Volberg_at_Opitz-Partner.DE>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:20:35 +0100

No, you cannot close this alert without pressing OK.

Otherwise, you create a progress-bar, and every time you have to wait for a long running session, you start your progress-bar and that bar still closes after running.

Creating a progress bar :
Take a window, a canvas, a block with one item (the progress-bar item) and use a special visual attribute on it, which can display squares. Then you divide the time your program needs for execution through f.e. 50 and then you still have to append one more square (one more character) 50-times in your item. At the end of the run you see your bar is 100% full and after it you go back to the item, you were in, when the progress started. (After each appending of a character you have to synchronize your application with "synchronize;" )

Such progress bars are one of my favorites !

Nice evening
  Gerd Volberg
  Opitz & Partner GmbH