MESSAGE and using sequnces problem

From: Snowie <snowie_at_bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:32:29 +0200

I have 2 question;
[Quoted] first one I want to use informative message written to status bar:

 MESSAGE ('Creating 100 dpi image duplicates...', );  :global.ret := ORADLG.MogrifyTo(dir, maxp);

MogrifyTo is caller external DLL and vert "heavy" procedure, and my message appears ONLY after procedure completes. Besides it display pop-up box,...hwen I add NO_ACKNOLRDGE option, then i won't see it at all,,,,

so, how can i write these message before MogrifyTo starts to status bar only?

my second questions is:
I have sequence in database.
i need to assign its nextval to one form item when I do it like that :
:art_image.id := att_imgid_seq.nextval;
it gives me:
"Table, View, or sequnces 'art_imgid_seq.nextval' not allowed in this context'

I couldn't find solution to it myself.... so can anyone help?

later & thanks in advance
Genady Received on Mon Nov 01 1999 - 15:32:29 CET

Original text of this message