Re: Personal Oracle 8 and Developer on same PC - Connection Problem

From: the Lord Mayor hisself <runnamukkSPAMmeNOT_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 22:45:37 GMT

[Quoted] On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:27:24 +0100, "Simon Hedges" <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
>However, now I have PO8 and Developer 6. Developer 6 can't see PO8 (though
>I can log on to PO8 using the SQL*Plus that comes bundled with it PO8). If
>I try to put in a connection string (ORCL, or anything else) then as soon as
>I click on 'connect' my PC starts to dial up my ISP - which is no good at
>all.

[Quoted] OK. We run PO8 and a Forms 4.5 app on laptops, and here's the trick we found. You have to start the 8 listener, start the PO8 database, then login using the 'tcp-loopback' alias.

Good Luck.

Russell Therrien
Information Systems Administrator
Marconi Systems Technologies, Inc. Received on Sun Oct 31 1999 - 00:45:37 CEST

Original text of this message