Overriding trigger script in subclassed object

From: <rmenon_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:30:00 GMT

Hi folks,

This relates to subclassing objects in forms 5.0. I created a smart class in an object library for a button object. This smart class has code in the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger. I then created an object in a form which is subclassed from this smart class and modified the code in the trigger for additional functionality. Now if I modify the smart class in the object library, I lose all the modified code in the subclassed object. Can somebody tell a method by which I can override the trigger code of the smart class with that of the subclassed one.

Raghunandan Menon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 27 1999 - 18:30:00 CEST

Original text of this message