WebDB configuration. Help please.

From: Salvatore ILardo <salvo_at_www.rokeby.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:16:55 +0100

Hello,

I am a newbie, sorry for the content of my enquires.

I have installed WebDB in my Linux box apparently without errors. However, when I tried to configure it with:
http://servername:port/cgi-bin/wdbciw/admin_/gateway.htm pressing the button "apply" on default database access descriptor as "WebDB" I got "The following changes could not be made".

I also tried http://servername:port/admin_/listener.htm and I got something like You have not right to execute wdbciw, parse error.

Apart from the above errors which could be very long and difficult to analyze, I would like to have some advises from other users who have successfully configured WebDB.
What I have done:
1) Installed WebDB with orainst;
2) copied the files wdbcgiw and wdbcgi on my cgi-bin directory;
3) modified their contents according my Web server;
4) checked with Oracle enterprise manager if the user WebDB exists;
5) checked the webdb daemon, which is up when I started $webdb support 80 &, then "done" appears and the daemon is not in the process list any more;
6) checked the Web server log files for some errors. Yes, there are no errors when it posts WebDB PL/SQL Gateway Setting but errors when it gets the icons, infact the icons are not present in the html page.

Environment: Linux Red Hat 5.2, Apache 1.3.6, Oracle 8.0.5, Oracle WebDB.

In conclusion, I think that something is misconfigured in the default path and/or the WebDB cannot execute CGI because Apache Web server path has not access and write rights.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Salvo