Re: record group and LOV based on a single record

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 18:10:00 GMT

Depends on what Brian is trying to accomplish, this solution will return a single list entry containing all three column values, if only one of the columns is mapped to the block item, only that one will populate the block item. If all three are mapped, then only the last one will populate the block item. The solution Dan and I suggested returns three list entries, each containing a single column value, and whichever is selected will populate the block item. A third alternative would be to concatenate the three columns:

select field_a || ' ' || field_b || ' ' || field_c from table_a

This too would return a single list entry, but in this case, the block item would be populated with the concatenated string containing all three values. Hope one of these solves Brian's problem.

In article <380d260e_at_ruby.hknet.com>,   "Nobody" <Nobody_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Try this way:
> (1) create a record group with :
> select field_a, field_b, field_c from table_a
> where pk = 'your value'
> (2) create a lov with source = record group in (1) and specified the
return
> items
> (3) in the form, link the lov in (2) with the text item desired
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Brian Howard <bkhoward_at_flash.net> wrote in message
> > I am having trouble with one of my requirements. I have a table with
> several
> > fields in it, let's say:
> >
> > Table A
> > PK
> > Field A
> > Field B
> > Field C
> >
> > I need to be able to pull a list of values based upon a single
record in
> > this table. Let's say that I need the record for PK ('XYZ
Company'), I
> then
> > need to pull a list of values which include Field A, Field B, &
Field C.
> How
> > can this be done. Please explain.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 23 1999 - 20:10:00 CEST

Original text of this message