EXEC_SQL Question

From: Sue Han <sue_han_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:15:58 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I want to get an estimate on number of rows that will be returned by a Dynamic SELECT statement before the actual rows are fetched.

Someone told me:
Informix reports this estimate in it's sqlca data structure when a cursor against the query is opened, however, these estimates are frequently way off. They depend on statistics gathered that may be out of date.

Estimate is exactly what I want. I will get statistics regularly.

Can EXEC_SQL do this and how? What about I connect to Oracle or non-Oracle DB?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 22 1999 - 08:15:58 CEST

Original text of this message